Thursday, June 28, 2012

Knock Knock Knockin on Heaven's Door...




I love the verse in the bible that talks about asking, seeking and knocking =) It's just like my mum, along with a lot of yours, used to say... "If you don't ask you don't receive."

Luke 11:9 So I say to you, Ask and keep on asking and it shall be given you; seek and keep on seeking and you shall find; knock and keep on knocking and the door shall be opened to you.
I think this is such a simple truth, and it makes so much difference... To ask or not to ask that is the question! I was thinking how some people are not comfortable asking simple questions of others. I sure can understand it, and I never liked having to do it much myself when I was younger but as I have grown up I have learnt some valuable lessons about this.
I think that a lot of the time people don't like to ask because they have fear, and not necessarily fear of asking! It can be any number of fears... What will they think of me? What will happen if I ask? What if they say no? etc
I think if you ask anything the right way, with the right tone and motivation then it can't be THAT wrong. Of course the vital ingredient to everything in our life is WISDOM! Wisdom will keep you on the straight and narrow! It doesn't prevent the answer from being no, and that is reality, but often a no; can simply turn into a yes without any duress or badgering if you are going about things the right way!
Take the scenario where someone asks someone else something and they come up against a brick wall. The initial reaction can quite often be like that, but I have found that if you do this all the right way that quite often what seems to be a solid brick wall is often just a facade and really the wall is made of cardboard and the desired outcome will be met. I just think that quite often things will work out and get sorted if it is done the right way! No harm in asking is what I am saying!
I am also saying that there is so much we don't need to miss out on in life. So much of it is right there for the taking but people are restricted and so they just watch opportunity constantly walking by! Please hear me if you are caught in this cycle and you feel like you are missing out all the time... Don't put off asking for things because you are scared... Ask and you will most probably be pleasantly surprised! And you will be blessed too and you will have more to give out to others too!
So my tips are:
  • Have integrity
  • Ask politely, use your words!
  • Check your motivations.
  • Listen to the tone of your voice!
  • Dont pressure people!
  • Use wisdom!
~\Cam/~
If you would like to read more please go and visit my Facebook pages:

No comments: